CardPricer Forums

For some reason the site seems to be a lot slower since my return. It litteraly takes me all day to update one set. If this a problem with the site or something I need to look ay with my computers settings?
    Hi Coloradosar,
    That shouldn't be happening; however, it's hard to say where the problem is. What type of machine are you using? (Operating System, Browser, Ram, etc...)?

Ted
    • CommentAuthorWren
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010

HI all :) I just joined for 1 day yesterday and spent literally 6 hours looking up what I see totals 39 cards. The site was soooooo slow that I can't imagine putting the rest of what I have in here. I was fighting going out and buying a pricing book but it's a lot faster than the site. When I'd enter a card, I'd get that Grey screen that covered the whole page while 'it' was thinking, and I'd sit, sit, sit. Even hitting "back" took forever. Then I'd get the screen asking what collection I wanted to put it in - another endless wait.

I put a lot of cards into "my collection" and now see that it didn't put any of the prices into the form. This was the whole point of being here; if all I wanted was a list of the cards I have, I could have done that on paper by hand in 1/4th of the time.

I'd like to suggest that you allow people to look up a card by the # card. I had a lot that I couldn't even tell what year it was printed..the font isn't even as big as a poppy seed. I had a few cards that weren't listed, but were by a company listed...just not the 'sub' type. It was a lot of hunting and pecking and reading, when it would have been really easy to put the name of the player and the # of the card. Then I wouldn't have to look through 8 pages of Jose Canseco to see what I had, because I couldn't read the tiny company/year print.

Thank you for all the work you've put into the site. All I ended up with was a printed list of the cards I entered...so all that work really didn't get me what I wanted - a list of the current or past sales price of the card so I know how much each card is worth.

Have a great summer!
    Hi there,
    Sorry you had such a difficult time. We'll look into these speed issues and update people with whatever we can find.

Ted

Content Management System Tracking