CardPricer Forums

• CommentAuthoralima
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009

hi, the names lima, i am new to the trade of base ball cards. needless to say i have alot of questions. i was hoping someone could help. first what is the grade and how do i find it.second, what does PSA, SGC, GAI,and BVG/BGS mean. third, what is the costom title, condition, and graded serial.finaly what are the pricing and transaction details.
    thats all for now hope to hear from someone.
    thanks
    Hi Lima,
    PSA, SGC, GAI, and BVG/BGS are all grading companies. These companies evaluate your cards for you and then put them in a holder with a grade assigned.

The custom title allows you to rewrite how the cards in your collection are listed. The condition is the condition of your card. This can be your own personal evaluation or simply the grade used by the grading company if it is graded. The serial is the serial # assigned by the grading company if it is graded.

Hope that helps,
    Let us know if you have any further questions.
    • CommentAuthoralima
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009

thx for the help.
    one more question. how would i get ahold of those companies?
    The authentication companies have their own websites. The three major ones at this time are PSA (psacard.com), Beckett (beckett.com), and SGC (sgccard.com). Each has their own area of expertise, so you might want to spend some time exploring the sales results for the cards you have so that you can decide which authenticator tends to bring in the most money.

Take care,
    Ted
    • CommentAuthoralima
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2009

thx
    Happy to help!

Let us know if we can help more.
    im makin a collection of cards but how do u tell what condition there in so i can list it
    • CommentAuthorkathyl
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010

Hi. Under "grades" , what does "NM" mean, and "NM-MT"?
    Kathyl
    • CommentAuthorcorvette
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2010

anyone on line at this time - only got a day pass so need information now
    if i could - dave (605) 920 0352

Content Management System Tracking