CardPricer Forums

• CommentAuthorphiljack69
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009

The dollar amount for Total Value seems to be the cost I invested, NOT the Total Value of the cards. Why??
    Hi Phil Jack,
    Have you entered condition for the cards? Also, are they authenticated or are they raw?
    I did enter the condition of the cards but they are not authenticated. If they are raw then I believe I will not get the total value?
    Hi Phil Jack,
    As of now, you are correct. We collect and publish sales results for cards that have not been authenticated. However, there is no way for us to establish condition at this time. As a result, we cannot evaluate the value of your ungraded cards. However, we are working on a few things. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, we're always willing to listen.

Thanks for your time!
    I have about 20,000 baseball cards..mostly from the mid to late 70's...whats the best and most affordable way to get them authenticated...i do want to sell them and get full market value
    Hi BabyGorilla,
    With that volume, your best bet is to and pull out any of the star players you have. Many cards from those years do not retain a significant enough value that they are worth grading. You can try and move them as a lot on eBay; however, we have seen large lots from that error go for less than pennies on the card (per se).

Have these items been stored carefully?
    i would say i have upwards of over 200 quality cards(stars) from that era...i have some late 60's.. early 70's players as well...i wouldn't say they are in mint condition...some are already in plastic cases...and some have the edges a bit compromised, not terribly (i used to flip cards when i was a kid)...if only knew then what i know now lol...i've done a bit of research and a lot of cards i have go for a lot right now in mint condition. but then again they are in mint condition
    Hi BabyGorilla,
    My suspicion (and again, this is without actually seeing your cards), is that you can pretty much write off the "non" star cards). There are a handful of tough cards that are not for star players, but you may have a hard time digging them out.

If your goal is to sell the cards, then I would try and familiarize yourself with the grading standards as described by the number of authenticators that exist. If you need help finding that information, please let me know.

Once you get a good baseline of knowledge, you can use our price guides to help you get an idea for what your items might go for in the open market (assuming that you do authenticate them). After that point, it is simply a matter of doing the math. You will need to decide which cards are worth grading and go from there.

One thing you will probably notice is that grading is "not" scientific and that there can be huge price jumps from one grade to the next. Let me know if I can assist you in the process.
    Yes, please I would like the help. I do need to understand the grading process. I think that is what's holding me back right now. I'm not quite sure I have many mint cards, but I do believe I have a lot of 8's and 9's. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi BabyGorilla,
    I sent you an email. Let me know if you need more information!
    thanks blacksox...very much appreciated

Content Management System Tracking