In news that is sure to stir up coffee talk, eBay made more than a few major announcements with regards to its website auction listings. In addition to some noteworthy supplemental changes, on March 30th, 2010, eBay will will eliminate their Store Inventory format and will introduce a new price structure. For store owners with current listings, those items will be automatically converted to the standard Fixed-Price format.
Amongst some of the more intriguing changes, there will be a new option that gives sellers up to one hundred sub-$1 listings a month. If items don’t sell, you don’t pay a thing. Continuing along that path, there will be a flat 9% final value fee on all items (capped at $50).
Changes to the Store Inventory are particularly important to baseball card collectors and dealers, as a number of them rely on store listings to conduct transactions. For high-volume dealers, listing fees will drop significantly; for those who sell less frequently, they will see insertion fees go up.
One of the more impactful ramifications of this decision is that the store listings will now be available in the main search results area. In previous iterations, store listings were grouped together in a section outside of the core search results.
For a breakdown of the changes, keep on reading!
- No Insertion Fees for Auction-style listings when you list your item with a start price under $1—up to 100 listings per month. Pay only if your item sells.
- New low Insertion Fees when you list your item with a start price of $1 or more
- One easy Final Value Fee of 9% of the winning bid—and never more than $50—regardless of your start price or final selling price.
- 50-cent Insertion Fee for Fixed Price with Final Value Fees for the most part staying the same.
eBay will also introduce new fees for its Stores.
BASIC: 20¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $15.95/month – Consider a Basic Store if you list more than 50 Fixed Price or Auction-style items a month. It’s a great starter package if you plan to start an eBay business or ramp up your selling.
PREMIUM: 5¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $49.95/month – Great choice for higher volume sellers (more than 250 items per month) and sellers listing in both Auction-style and Fixed Price formats.
ANCHOR: 3¢ Fixed Price Insertion Fees, $299.95/month – Get the same great deal as the old Store Inventory format-now with full exposure in search results! With an Anchor Store subscription, higher volume sellers get top savings and the lowest package rates on eBay.
NOTE: Starting in March, meeting the new minimum performance standard for all sellers will be a requirement for Premium and Anchor subscribers. ("Above Standard.")
- Insertion Fees as low as 3¢ for Fixed Price listings with full exposure in search results
- Fixed Price Final Value Fees for the most part staying the same
- New low Auction-style Insertion Fees
- Auction-style Final Value Fees significantly reduced over the new standard rate
- FREE pictures—up to 12 per listing
- FREE Selling Manager Pro with Premium and Anchor subscriptions
- Plus all the other great marketing tools you get with an eBay Stores subscription, including your own customizable store front and Markdown Manager.
New PowerSeller discounts and seller requirements coming in mid-April – the new PowerSeller requirements (originally announced in July 2009) will be in effect for all PowerSellers, not just Top-rated sellers. And with the new PowerSeller discount schedule (also announced in July), only eBay Top-rated sellers will receive 20% fee discounts. All other PowerSellers will receive 5% discounts. PowerSellers will see this change reflected on their statements starting May 1, 2010.
[charts courtesy of auctionbytes.com]